Adsense

Friday, September 12, 2008

An Night Out

Some friends wants me to join them for a drinking session on next monday at a local pub. 
I was okay with that at first however I'm now having second thoughts. I can't help thinking about these friends' motives and their hidden agendas.

They will be entertaining some people from a government institution which is definitely business motivated. And they will need some clout to seal the deal. And I believe that's where my presence comes in the picture.

I don't mind helping my friends at all but I don't like it when I'm being manipulated into it.

What is pissing me off right now is that they are not coming out clean with me. Why can't they just come out and ask? 

I know how this sounds so petty about the importance I place about a night out and having few drinks. The problem is a family member of mine is a pretty influential person in government. From past experiences, people are always trying to get us do things that are to their own advantages. So that alone has set in place a defense mechanism in us. 

Isn't it sad that we have to be in doubt at most the time? That we can't trust anybody but ourselves?

Anyway, I'll go through my usual pros and cons sequence before making my final decision.

No comments:

Recent Malaysia Kini Posts

Site Sponsor

e-referrer

Followers