Adsense

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Proton Savvy : Thailand Top 10


This is what I got in my sms today:
"14/01 : Proton Savvy has been voted as Thailand's top 10 cars in 2008 by The Nation's car writers/Bernama SMS."

Not bad Proton! This 'miracle car' a term coined by others due to its fuel saving features is definitely earning its title in spades!

Just to let you guys know that this car is great to drive around in especially when we need to run errands in the city. As you know one of KK City's main problem is parking and this little dude can squeeze into any legal corner available. Being an owner (mine is red but I wanted black hence the picture) I find it extremely useful and friendly towards the contents of my wallet! 

I've tried searching for the report at The Nation website but to no avail. Instead I went over to the Bernama website and there it was. I suppose the story that was featured has not yet been released in its web-form.

I suppose that I'm feeling pangs of joy when I read this news. But in my honest opinion, the quality of Proton cars today isn't as robust and durable as the classic Proton Saga (1st Generation)...



Anyway, if given a choice right now, I'd jump at a Toyota anytime. It would either be a Toyota Yaris...



...or a Toyota Vios as shown below;



Meanwhile, I just have to be content with what I have. My Savvy is definitely easy on the fuel consumption especially during these rough times. However sometimes I feel the little car might conk out anytime while on the road (it happened before)! I suppose this is what you get when you buy a cheaper car, it has high features in certain parts and low in everything else!

I had the opportunity to test drive a Toyota Vios and it felt great! So that's the reason for my preference... oh well, I hope that this year's fortunes will be positive...

2 comments:

Pok Kam said...

Dear JG,

It's a love-hate relationship between me and my Iswara.:P

Anyway, it's been a loyal servant over the years and still is. Been to most parts Sabah with it too.

My dream car? A Toyota Camry anytime.

John Gandhi said...

Hear,Hear! :)

Recent Malaysia Kini Posts

Site Sponsor

e-referrer

Followers