Adsense

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Dangerously Flirting With Wordpress...


I was just fiddling around Wordpress.com's blogging features. I find it to be more sophisticated and user friendly in comparison to Blogger.com. I spent a couple of hours with it including importing information off this blog site to Wordpress.com. It can import my pictures but not my embedded videos and music. I guess I'd have to do it manually.

Anyway, I'm not yet ready to say bye-bye to Blogger cos it has its uses especially the go@blogger features which is essential for this blog. So maybe once Wordpress improves its mobile blogging I might consider crossing-over. So I shall stay on here...for now.

If you're slightly curious about the blog-site check out Jongandhi's Weblog. It's nothing much. Just a copy of this blog. I'm still experimenting with it.

This is fun. :)

 

3 comments:

Pok Kam said...

Dear JG,

I've set up mine last year after my blog at blogspot conked for a few days.

Anyway I still keeps its there and occasionally imported my posts for safe keeping. Manalah tau kalau blogspot conk lagi.

But the downside of Wordpress so far is that some widgets doesn't works there especially with Javascript.

John Gandhi said...

Dear PK,

Thanks for the feedback! :) I must say that I find Wordpress less cluttered and more organized than Blogger.

One good thing about Blogger is that you can post using mobile email whereas Wordpress you got to go into m.worpress.com then you can post. Dia indak dapat copy dan hantar gambar. Tapi takpe...

I shall continue with my experiment.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what's your wordpress address?

Pok Kam said...

Dear JG,

http://pokkam2.wordpress.com/.

It's sort of a mirror site or a wharehouse where I transfered all my postings for safekeeping in the event on of them got hacked or kaput.

Recent Malaysia Kini Posts

Site Sponsor

e-referrer

Followers